Tuesday 25 November 2014

Book Donations

In Room Five, we are doing book donations. Book donations is to help people to read more and variety of books. Other kids from different classes, could you please donate any unwanted books to help our class be better readers. 

We are doing something where you can choose your own books from the library. We do something called P.I.C.K. Pick stands for: 

P: Purpose; Why I want to read the book?
I: Interest; Does it interest me?
C: Comprehension; Do I understand it?
K: Know; Do I know most of the words?

We also do this thing that is called the five finger test. You turn to a random page and read it. If there is a word that you don't know, thats 1 finger down. if there is another three or four, then maybe that books a bit to hard for you. If there is there is one more word that you don't know, try another page of that book or another book.

By Keegan and Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment